Friday 23 October 2009

This was my day off...





...which got off to a really good start as I didn't wake up until almost 8 o'clock when everybody else had left for work – bliss! I so rarely get any time in the house on my own that I cherish every minute of it. I dossed around for an hour or so then realised that I was starving – normally I would have eaten about two hours earlier.



It was a beautiful morning here in the east of England, lovely bright sunshine and blue cloudless sky – and warm, I think autumn forget that it's supposed to be a cooler season. Anyway once again I digress. You may remember a few weeks ago I was really excited because I had got a new mobile phone – a Blackberry no less. Because I don't use the phone very much and never get anywhere near using all my inclusive minutes or texts, I explained to the kind man in the Vodafone shop that I really only wanted to be able to access the basic browsing option that I already had – I didn't need access to my email. He explained that for the first four weeks I would have the full functionality for free and after that I would pay per day when I used the browser.



Those four weeks passed and I realised that I had lost all of my browsing functionality so today I had the time to speak to them about it. I spent 45 minutes on the phone – I won't bore you with the minutiae of the conversations but suffice to say they were not particularly helpful even to the point of contradicting each other. By the time I got off of the phone I was furious so I went to the shop in town where the deal had been done, demanded to speak to the manager who said 'You can't have a Blackberry on your price plan'! Standing beside him was the muppet who had misled me originally who piped up with 'Yes you can'! If I wasn't so angry I would have laughed – the guy clearly needs some urgent training in their products!



Anyway, cut a long story short, I ended up paying an extra £5 per month (half of what the muppet tried to get me to pay in the first place) so now I get even more minutes and texts that I won't use – not over impressed with the outcome but I have become so attached to my beautiful Blackberry that I couldn't face giving it back and going for some other inferior handset (I am a techno snob and can't help myself).



So after spending about an hour and a half this morning trying to sort it out, I had a bit of a wander around town and came home and wrote a stonking letter of complaint that I will send to Vodafone when the current postal strike is over.



Oh – and I have started Christmas shopping, it's great after all these years to have girls to buy for. There are so many little things you can add for girls compared to boys!



More to come – hopefully the creative juices will flow over the weekend. I'm meeting up with Janet tomorrow for lunch, there's bound to be a tale to tell from that!



Happy weekends all!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous23/10/09

    Hi There

    This has clearly not been the easiest of days for you with us and I'd like to put that right

    I work for the Vodafone Web Relations Team and would like to offer any help I can.

    If you send me an email with WRT135 in the subject line and with a link to this blog along with the rest of your details in the body of the text (using our Contact Us form here - http://vodafone.co.uk/contactus) I'll be able to see what's happening for you.

    Speak to you soon

    Kirsty
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK

    P.S I've just started my Christmas shopping too - I can't believe how much there is to do!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!