Sunday 4 October 2009

Sunday Stealing – The Starrlight Meme

You can always tell how good a meme is going to be by the number of people who have already completed when you take a look – this morning there were already 23 completed entries when I started at 7.30 UK time, you might guess this is a goodie! So here goes today's Sunday Stealing The Starrlight Meme!

1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?

My early morning cup of Earl Gray tea – the best cup of the day!

2. Where was your profile picture taken?

On board the Carnival Triumph – sailing the Caribbean

3. Can you play Guitar Hero?

No way – hand eye coordination is rubbish!

4. Name someone who made you laugh today. What was it about?

I'll have to step back to yesterday (too early for laughing at the moment)it would be one of the celebrity dancers on Strictly Come Dancing, Ricky Groves his Pasa Doble character was hilarious!

5. How late did you stay up last night and why?

    I'm not a night owl I'm afraid! If I'm home I generally tuck up about 9 o'clock, try to read or watch TV but normally drop off to sleep.

6. If you could move somewhere else where would you and why?

I don't think that I would move although I would dearly love a house big enough for us all now that we are all adults and have acquired two additions to the family with the girlfriends.

7. Ever been kissed under fireworks?

    Not that I can remember – no wait, probably on New Year's eve at some time (memory is not what it could be)

8. Which of your friends lives closest to you?

That would be my friend and neighbour Tracey who lives opposite

9. Do you believe ex's can be friends? With benefits?

Interesting question – yes I think with the benefit of age and distance.

10. Do you like Dr. Pepper?

Can't remember the last time I drank it but I think so!

11. When was the last time you cried really hard? Really hard as opposed to just sniveling?

Probably when I had had enough of 'doing everything' in the house and feeling undervalued – normally works for a few weeks!

12. Who took your profile picture?

I think it was taken by Scott, my lovely friend from Neosho, Missouri – although it might have been taken by his wife, the equally lovely Shirley! Whatever it was taken across the dining table and they were sitting opposite!

13. Who was the last person you took a picture of?

It was my friend's daughter Gabbie a couple of weeks ago.

14. Was yesterday better than today? Why?

Hard to answer that one as today hasn't really started yet but I think probably today will be better because the sun is shining.

15. Can you live a day without TV?

It would be a real struggle – it's really only moving wallpaper but it's there as a distraction

16. Are you upset about anything now?

I'm getting over it but I have been upset because my boss announced a couple of weeks ago that she is leaving – I've known her for several years and worked very closely with her for the last three – I think you can guess how much I'll miss her!

17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?

What a strange question – of course they are.

18. Are you a bad influence?

Sometimes – ask my colleagues who won't sit opposite me in meetings, apparently I 'do' things with my eyes which makes them laugh – always glad to bring happiness to the workplace!

19. Night out or night in?

Night in – getting old and boring!

20. What items could you not go without during the day?

Food, drink and the Internet!

21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?

As I work in a hospital I tend to visit colleagues as well as friends – the last one was one of my dear doctor colleagues who was taken unwell quite suddenly.

22. What does the last text message in your inbox say?

I deleted a load the other day but the last one is from FDIL – in relation to the dismal football result last week – as she writes so much I won't bore you with the contents – her motto is why use ten words when twenty will do!

23. How do you feel about your life right now?

Pretty good – although I do have to make a difficult career decision in the coming weeks.

24. Do you hate anyone?

No. Hate is an incredibly strong word, there are people I dislike but not really hate.

25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find?

Mainly rubbish that I should delete but also the latest arrangements for meeting up with Janet for lunch on Friday.

26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?

Oh yes – never knowingly taken any illegal substance, not my style!

27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before?

Possibly – in a sarcastic, patronising way.

28. What song is stuck in your head?

Moon River – Andy Williams sung it on TV last night, sadly not a patch on how he used to sound.

29. Someone knocks on your window at 2 a.m., whom do you want it to be?

Nobody – all the people in my life know the hours I keep! (Was I supposed to think of somebody famous or something – sorry didn't think like that)

30. Do you (or did you) want to have grandkids before you're 50?

Ha – that definitely won't happen now only 2 months to go and I always said not before I was 50!

31. Tell us your Saturday night.

Boring! At the moment either X-Factor or Strictly Come Dancing on the TV.

32. Do you think too much or too little?

Probably too much.

33. Do you smile a lot?

Hell yes – the smile of a demented woman most of the time, at work we call it a grin on a stick or stick on a grin!

8 comments:

  1. Tea...it's been a while since i've had one. interesting answers you got here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post and I love your new wallpaper very Victoriana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, if she's a good boss, I think I'd miss her too.


    My Stealing is done. I'd love to have you stop by if time allows it.

    Here is the permalink to my answers today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting answers and I love the look of your blog.
    Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for that profile picture...sounds nice.

    Have a great Sunday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-cant-play-guitar-hero-but-i-can-watch.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your answers! I love how your British accent comes shining through!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is interesting Lee. I just know I enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I can see it now, in the word rubbish for starters.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!