Sunday 6 September 2009

Sunday Stealing – The Random Dozen Meme

Ok here we are again – Sunday comes around far too fast! Sunday Stealing has managed to track this one right back to its creator! I've had trouble formatting the bullets on this one – for some reason Word is not liking double digit bullets! (Scrap that - I've edited in Blogger now and removed all the numbering!)

When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?

I'm really lazy busy and don't often go supermarket shopping – I tend to opt for home delivery! Nearly always order the same stuff though!

What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate?

Some of the reality TV shows – always used to watch Big Brother but this year it has totally passed me by and the Apprentice – never really 'got' it!

What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about?

Has to be Blogging – for my non-Blogging friends, oh – and Twitter –some people just don't get it!!

Favourite song to sing in the shower or car?

I don't really have one – never in either for that long that I have time to sing! Although last weekend I sang along to all the wonderful Beatles tracks that were being played on the radio – knew almost all of the words as well!

A really great salad must have this ingredient:

Radishes – grew some for the first time this year and they were delicious!

What advice in a nutshell would you give to new bloggers?

Write as if it's just for you! But always remember somebody, somewhere will find it!

What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?

I was going to be Christine – instead they chose it as my middle name. When I was younger I hated my name because people seemed to want to call me Helen or Hazel all the time!

What in your life are you waiting for?

The boys to leave home! Oh, that sounds really mean – I don't mean it to.

You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?

Just about the only package I get in the mail these days would be a book I've ordered from play.com. I've ordered loads lately and need to find time to stop blogging/surfing and get on and read good old fashioned books! The last one to arrive was A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Today–what song represents you?

D'ya know – I can't think of a single one – failure on this one I'm afraid!

What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?

That I can (sometimes) be quite witty and entertaining? And that not everything will contain humour. That I use far too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!! And parenthesises ((((^.^))))!!!!!!

How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today?

Today being a stay at home Sunday will be jeans and a T shirt – they say that I really can't be bothered to make an effort at the weekend but that I am quite comfortable with myself (that is until they get too tight towards the end of the day)

7 comments:

  1. You are right about non-bloggers feeling ho-hum about this. Radishes? No one else mentioned that yet, so I think you win a prize or something? Great writing advice. Thanks for playing along. I'm posting again Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think most people get how great blogging can be!
    You had nice answers =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. home delivery sounds interesting.
    Have a great Sunday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/09/why-was-i-not-marcia.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write as if it's just for you! But always remember somebody, somewhere will find it! That is very true advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great advice to new bloggers! Happy Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love radishes. Y'know, I don't think that Olive Garden has radishes in their salads. Hm. Might have to re-think my answer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this meme! What a fun way to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!