Saturday 20 February 2010

All done

My period of acting up is all over. You might remember if you're a long term sufferer of my ramblings that I wrote here about my boss leaving and stepping in to her shoes for a while.

Well, that while is up now. The time has passed very quickly and, whisper it, I've enjoyed it! I was very worried about what to expect and had a bit of a wobbly start but all in all it's gone well. I've survived, not gained any extra grey hairs and my normal sleep pattern may have actually improved – not greatly but a little.

So now the questions. Will I regret not applying? I don't think so. If I'm honest the time wasn't right back in November – if it were now after gaining the experience then possible I would have applied. No regrets though, the new boss starts on Monday and I know her well as she is internal to the organisation. Just in case she reads this I better say some nice things....ummm, where shall I start? Tell you what, I'll give her a week and let you know!!

I will confess though, to feeling a little flat yesterday as I returned to my usual desk, having the space of my own office for a few weeks has been very nice – a little lonely at times but my usual office is only next door so I didn't have to go far for company.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. If a job comes up in the future I think I'll apply for it – trouble is I really love the subject matter that I work in currently. That's Women & Children's health. I have a great relationship with the rest of the team – we are an achieving team, all of us working to the same goals which really helps. I'm also reluctant to move to a different hospital. Where I work now is a short walk to work and as I'm getting older I can't face the thought of a drive to work – it would be at least 45 minutes each way to the nearest hospitals.

I should also mention that none of this would be possible without the support that I received form my colleagues - thanks guys, you've been great!

Here's to the next challenge!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that it went well for you Heather. Sometimes it's good to work outside of our comfort zone, it helps expand it! But I understand not wanting to drive 45 minutes to work - yikes! I'm 5 minutes from my clinic, and if needed I could walk it. Of course I'd have to leave about 2 hours earlier lol. Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!