Sunday 7 February 2010

The Pretentious Blogging Meme – Part 2




I'm quite glad that Judd found he'd missed of some questions from last week – I thought it was a bit short! Here's my response to this week's Sunday Stealing.

If you're reading this and I haven't visited you or left a comment, please excuse my laziness! I'm struggling to keep up with it all at the moment – hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly.

12. How many drafts of potential blog posts do you have right now? Just one! I started a rant a few months ago but decided not to post it!

13. In what medium do you draft your posts? I use the templates in Word 2007 – only trouble is I can't work out how to add photos, so if anybody can help please let me know!!

14. How often do you completely scratch or delete drafts or blog post ideas? Not very – most of my posting is as it comes into my head. The only time I really delete anything is if it won't publish properly – for instance when I end up with a huge hyperlink like last week – that was the fourth attempt and I gave up!

15. If you had to leave your blog in your will to another blogger, who would you choose? I don't think I would. I think it would be best just to let it be.

16. Are there other blogs that you feel are similar to yours in content, style, or voice? Mmmm good question. I'm not really sure. There are some similar blogs that I follow but it would be hard to be specific I think.

17. Has anything surprised you since you started blogging? Oh yes! Friendships made all over the place, especially from memes like this, we tend to 'speak' to other participants on a weekly basis.

18. What are your goals or plans for your blog going forward? Just more of the same really, I have no grand ambitions.

19. Do you make any money from your blog? (optional) about how much a month? LOL – I had an adsense bar and the last time I looked I think I'd made about 20cents – I'm obviously not in it for the money!

20. What blogging system do you use? Blogger – it was the first one I tried. Sometimes I look at the systems on other blogs and think I might prefer the layout but I'm quite happy with what I've got – just like to do a bit of decorating and tidying occasionally.

21. How did you come up your blog name? I thought I was really original. I knew the content would be totally random and that I'd just ramble on about anything and everything and Random Ramblings was born – along with loads of other blogs with the same name!

22. How many blogs do you have? What was your peak? Just the one – I don't have time for any more!

23. Are you having as much fun as when you started? More fun! I know more now and it's more adventurous!!

24. Where do you find other bloggers like you? I started just by using the 'Next Blog' function as the top of the Blogger page, found a few I liked and then picked a few others up to follow from those blogs.

25. What's your one wish when it comes to blogging? Oh difficult one to finish. Dare I say I'd be chuffed to be the Blog of Note one day?


1 comment:

  1. I agree- just let it be. I'm not sure anyone would even notice in my case.


    Have a great day!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-feel-like-pretentious-super-bowl.html

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!