Saturday 27 February 2010

This and that

It’s that time again when I update you all with the exciting-ness (or not) of my week!

Where to begin – I know, Sunday. Well Sunday was not a good start to the week. John disappeared off to visit Son1 and I thought I’d catch up with some of the TV that I had recorded and iron at the same time. The one programme that I really wanted to watch, he had deleted after he had watched it – I mean come on, what was he thinking? In a tense strop I decided to find the programme on i-Player and watch it on the laptop – clearly I couldn’t iron at the same time, could I (that’s a rhetorical question – please don’t trouble yourself to find an answer!)? So, there I am on the sofa, lappy beside me, crochet in hand (couldn’t do absolutely nothing now, could I?) for an hour watching the programme. When it finished I tried to stand up. I say try, because I had the most excruciating back pain ever. In the history of back pain. The worst. It took me some time to realise that I had inflicted this pain upon myself due to the poor posture I had adopted. But, then I rationalised, it was actually John’s fault for deleting the programme in the first place – wasn’t it?

Anyhow, being the martyr that I am, I carried on for the week at work, trying to convince myself that I should keep as mobile as possible, while ending up walking like a little old lady, leaning to one side and unable to straighten up. I only had to work for four days anyway – what harm would it do?

On Friday I took the brave step, after tweeting with, and speaking to, Janet, of booking an appointment with a chiropractor for Monday  - she assures me that I will feel better – eventually. I am such a lightweight when it comes to pain – I am dreading what will happen but have to be realistic that I have to do something about my back.

Watch this space – I’ll let you know how it goes (if I can manage to sit up afterwards!)

Woman Pictures, Images and Photos

Of course this isn’t me because I never got as far as the ironing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!