Sunday 23 August 2009

Sunny Summer Sunday

What a great day today has been, woke up to glorious sunshine and that hasn't changed all day! I've been quite lazy because it's been too hot to do much although the ironing is up to date! I had a sneaky peak at today's Sunday Stealing meme and though 'nah, not for me this week' then mentioned it to number 1 son who promptly threw himself into it – he who mocks mother's blogging, by the way! You can see the results below.

I have had so many visits to the Ramblings today and more comments than ever – thank you to all of you who have taken the trouble to share a little piece of my world, I hope you can find time to come back!

You might remember a couple of weeks ago I wrote about meeting up with Janet? (a reminder) Well I am pleased to announce to the blogosphere that we have a new member, please welcome Janet at Just Jotting , treat her gently and be nice to her, please! For somebody who didn't have a clue what she was doing first thing this morning she's done pretty well.

As I'm writing this England's cricket team have just won the Ashes, for my friends across the pond this is a competition between Australia and England which holds such meaning and memories – a real grudge match and most often won by the Aussies – ha ha not this year!

Sorry, just composing myself again *straightens up and smoothes self down*. Ahem, where was I. Oh yes, remember when I started all this blogging business that I was having problems with my frost free freezer? (a reminder) Well the problem has recurred. Only the top half of the freezer was cold and the top had frozen again, yesterday number 1 son assisted in the defrosting of the freezer and the removal of another bag of rotting food. I've been all through the instruction manual and no where can I find anything that tells me to defrost it on a regular basis, so it will be a week of wait and see if it goes back to 'normal service' if not another, no doubt hefty call out charge to get it looked at.


Lovely future daughter-in-law received her exam results this week and has the grades for the university of her choice and is going to study radiography in September. She loves cooking at mine and asked me if I'd like some cooking apples to make crumble or something – of course I said yes! A few hours later she arrived with a huge bag of apples, now I just need to decide what to do with them! I'm thinking something savoury as well as something sweet – any ideas? Apple chutney is calling but I'm not sure I could stand the thought of the vinegar cooking for hours and hours – I'll let you know the decision, meantime they are safely in the fridge to keep fresh.


Ah well, another weekend over, time to do all the getting ready for next week things and prepare mentally for the week ahead!

Don't forget to check in tomorrow for the results of last week's challenge and see what gem I can come up with for next week!

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!