This meme from Sunday Stealing includes some rules – it is the first one I've come across that does, some challenging questions as well – mainly because I have to trawl back through the mire that is my memory – but here goes:
- Think back to 10 years ago this month (August 1999)
- Write truthful answers and elaborate - this makes is more interesting!
- If you don't have a scanner you can omit number 14, but if you can you should do it!
- It's about personal changes – have fun!
Then August 1999
- Age – 39
- Romantic Status – Married
- Occupation – something admin – I think that was a time when I worked in IT
- Fun night out – fun nights in with friends – too tired for fun nights out!
- My BFFs – had to look this up (it means Best Friends Forever), probably Julie & Linda
- I spent way too much time – worrying about number 2 son!
- I spent not enough time – on myself!
- I wanted to be when I grew up – err – I was already grown up!
- Biggest concern – number 2 son
- What my biggest concern should have been – this is obviously aimed at a younger audience, I have no idea – my family were paramount
- Where did I live – Colchester
- Dumbest thing I did that year – mmmm can't think of anything for that one
- If I could go back to then and talk to myself I would say – 'Stop being so hard on yourself – life is not perfect!'
- Picture of me then – I promise that I have looked for one and can't find anything!
Now August 2009
- Age – 49
- Romantic Status – Married
- Occupation – Manager in health service
- Fun night out – what's a fun night out? Oh – probably going to football, that's generally the extent of my nights out these days!
- My BFFs – had to look this up (it means Best Friends Forever), Julie, Linda & Shirley
- I spend way too much time – worrying about number 2 son! Nothing changes really! Oh – and too much time on t'internet and blogging stuff (had to add that one)!
- I spend not enough time – keeping up with the housework L
- I want to be when I grew up – err – I am already grown up! Now I just want to retire!
- Biggest concern – how the hell I'm going to be able to keep working for at least 10 years more!
- What my biggest concern should be – I have no idea – my family are paramount (still)
- Where do I live – Ipswich
- Dumbest thing I did this year – come on, I'm so grown up I don't do dumb things anymore!
- What I think I would say to myself in 10 years – hopefully, keep goiing only another five months to retirement!
- What do I miss most from 1999 – hard to say, the boys were a lot younger and more dependant then. Do I feel less needed now? Probably not they have always been independent – that's the way we brought them up.
- What do I miss least from 1999 – again hard to say, in fact I can't think of anything
- What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of – sorry but it's going to be the passage of time for the boys to grow into young men, that's an accomplishment that we can all be proud of
- What have I not accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had – perhaps financial security, no mortgage left to pay – otherwise I'm quite happy with my lot, thank you!