Thursday 30 July 2009

A Thousand Thank Yous!

Ok – so I know I need to thank myself a number of times, but I can't believe that the visitor counter has tripped over the thousand mark! So far I've been fortunate in that those of you have rambled with me have been kind in your comments and observations – unlike some of the lovely bloggers that I have met who are plagued with trolls being unkind and in some cases downright rude. For that I (and my ego) am grateful.

When I started blogging, I never thought for one moment that it would become such a huge part of me. I started writing for myself, and the famous friend that I call Julie, more or less as an experiment. The trouble was I then started to read other people's blogs and had to get my daily fix before I could do anything else. One blog post almost echoed my intentions in that the writer said that she wrote as if it were for her eyes only. So, in future when you start wondering what on earth I'm on about, please remember my original intentions!


I.Love.Blogging. There, I've said it – to myself and anybody else who's passing through. If it's OK with you all, I'll continue in the same vein as I've started – my own thoughts and ramblings, the odd funny from the inbox, link to You Tube – and family tales (as discreetly as possible, of course!)


The astute amongst you have noticed my traffic counter on the side bar. I've seen them on other blogs so I thought I'd give it a go – most traffic seems to show as me blog-hopping, although I have had other visitors from various corners of the world and the UK.


So cheers, here's to the next thousand and onwards, welcome to my new visitors and thanks you for your continuing support to my friends, both real and virtual!



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/8/09

    Congratulations! I am addicted too. I just got home from camping and checked my email before showering...sad I know.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!