Sunday 7 February 2010

I feel honoured...

...but should I? This arrived in my inbox yesterday (as spam, needless to say!) and at first I have to say I was flattered. Little old me, over here in the UK being held up as the 'Featured Blog' – wow, what an honour. I thought. Until I looked at some of the other blogs they listed. Most looked OK. However some looked very dubious – needless to say I have replied thanking for the 'honour' but advising that I really don't want to be linked with some of the things that they display on their front page. Just have to hope they remove me! And so far they haven't sent any visitors – I know these things because of my obsession with the tracking thingy over on the right!

'Hello,
 This is Shiela from
homefurnituredepot.net.
  We stumbled on your blog page and found it interesting! We operate the largest Home Furniture & Office Furniture website featuring more than 30,000+ blogs. Our site averages 200,000+ unique visitors per month. As a kind note We have featured your blog at
http://homefurnituredepot.net/blog_awards/index.php?id=8504 We would be grateful if you could add the following details to your blogs main page.
<a href='
http://homefurnituredepot.net'>Home Office Furniture </a>
Looking forward for your confirmation.
 Thanks
 Shiela
 
homefurnituredepot.net.'

I know I want to be featured, but please – come on – not like that!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Smart way to get free ads and make it look like you are endorsing them! Did you remember to thank Gloria Hunniford in your acceptance speech?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!