Wednesday 5 August 2009

Work for Wednesday!

I had a day off today! After a very slow start I debated whether or not I should write a list of things I needed to do or just face up to the day drifting past without much productivity.

After a flurry of activity I decided I would write a list and added the things that I had already done (is that cheating?)

Anyway – here is said list, with all the completed things marked off

Vacuum pack clothes to put in loft

Put clothes in loft – need somebody else to do this for me

Sort out the rest of the clothes

Wash door mats

Do the ironing

Hoover bedroom

Sort out the textiles for recycling – not for charity shop

Take old towels to local RSPCA centre

Attempt some gardening

I think I actually did quite well! With the help of future daughter-in-law I recycled the textiles and took the towels to the local animal centre and even managed to spend an hour or so in the garden – if I could have one wish it would be that I had a neighbour who tended his garden. The garden next door is wall to wall weeds and all he does is mow it two or three times a year which results in brambles and coarse grass growing through into my garden – no matter what I do I can't stop it.

On the subject of future daughter in law they are continuing their mission for the perfect wedding venue and yesterday visited this lovely place, they even gave them a quote for what they think the cost will be in four years time! So far this is the venue of choice, I hope that they don't think I'm, being too negative when I tell them to slow down a bit but I think it's too soon – am I being hard?

Dinner calls – ready made lasagne I'm afraid, I can't be too much of a domestic goddess!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really got a lot done! I love making lists where I know I can cross a lot of them off pretty quickly.

    Have a fun time meeting your blog friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!