Friday 21 August 2009

What’s in a name?

I'm really sorry that I can't credit this post back to where I read something similar but my brain is absolute mush at the moment and I can't remember where I saw it. If it was your blog, please send me a memory jog and I'll add the credit!

Whilst blog-hopping the other day I came across a post about the naming of blogs and I thought back to the day I decided to start Rambling. At the time I thought I was sooooo original in my blog name, to be honest I didn't think for too long what to call it – it just sort of appeared on the page. Until I came to save it and I found out I was in no way original. There are loads of other Random Ramblings. Somehow I thought I was going to be unique but there are clearly other people with the same warped mind as me in the blogosphere (hey – no spell check fail on that one!)

So to answer the question (are you getting the idea about the title now...?) I called the blog Random Ramblings because it is just that! Nothing to do with walks in the English countryside, just the complete and unabridged version of the contents of my mind at the time – phew – glad I've got that off of my chest!

By the way thanks to those of you who have commented on the last post, it's great to know that you've taken the time to share your thoughts with me. Still no resolution and I fear this may rumble on for some considerable time but at least it's the weekend and nothing more can happen until Monday!

Have a great weekend – whatever you may be up to ;)

1 comment:

  1. Ironically, I did the same thing - called my random blog posts random ramblings when I started two years ago, thought I was being all unique, and then saw it everywhere! But the content of your blog is unique, and that's what is important.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!