Saturday 12 December 2009

Long time no blog

It's been a mad week! Preparations for the boss leaving and actually saying goodbye on Wednesday took up the first half of the week and getting down to work took up the second half!

Although it's been mad it's also been good – I know that the next couple of months are probably going to be the most intense work-wise that I have ever encountered because it's budget setting and business planning time (bad timing, huh?) but saying that if I can get through that I can probably get through anything. I have been hampered because the plans I put in place to take my old job have fallen to pieces due to sad unforeseen circumstances, the mother of one of my right hand people has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and understandably, V needs to be with her Mum at this difficult time. The best laid plans and all that...

On the home front son 1 and FDIL are close to finalising their move – completion takes place this coming Friday so it's a hive of activity at the moment. Trouble is he can't have any time off work between now and Christmas and is working nights the week leading up to Christmas so we're not sure when they will be able to move in. I think it will probably be piecemeal – one box at a time!

Another busy week ahead as well for all sorts of reasons, work diary is bursting, I haven't even started writing Christmas cards or wrapping presents, I need to make my mince pies (one tradition I can't swap for shop bought) and ice the Christmas cakes (minimal effort required for this one – ready rolled marzipan and fondant icing just need popping in place and trimming!!) – I'm already exhausted just thinking about it!

Before I forget, some of you know that I was feeling a bit under the weather and had blood tests last week – good news is that they all came back well within normal range, bad news is I guess I have to resign myself to the fact that I'm just getting old!

I'll leave you with a picture of our Christmas tree – we went very minimal this year and haven't put anything from the ceiling but I think the tree looks good! I even managed to get some peppermint candy canes!




3 comments:

  1. Glad the tests were clear! And it's not getting old it's just getting different

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are well and I'm hoping you will enjoy your days off by blogging; we miss you when your not there you know. I hope some one very important turned on your lights for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that the tests came back ok. I know what you mean about the tired thing, I'm hoping it's just overwork and Christmas business. I refuse to accept that it could possibly be due to turning 50 lol! Your tree is beautiful. And I'm so impressed that you make your mince pies from scratch. I'm the only person in my entire family who will eat them, so I don't get to indulge very often. Have an extra slice for me! Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!