Friday 4 December 2009

A Fun Christmas Meme

I've picked this meme up from Kathy over at Emptynester I swore I would only do the Sunday memes but I've given in this week – have a go and share your answers as well! Check Kathy's blog for some fantastic photography from Texas!

1) What is your favourite Christmas movie?

I'm not a great movie person but I think I will plump for Home Alone – the original version. My youngest son (now 19) loved this so much the video tape wore out.

(2) What is your LEAST favourite Christmas movie?


I can't think of one in particular but if you trawl through the movie channels over the festive season there are some real turkeys (pun intended)!

(3) What is your favourite Christmas Song?


I love 'White Christmas' makes me teary just thinking about it now ;)

(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?


I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (I left this the same as Kathy's answer because I agree!!)

(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink?

Nice glass of sherry before Christmas lunch – really warming oh – and bucks fizz for breakfast (how decadent)

(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?


Ahhhh – coming home from hospital on Christmas Eve with my first son (22 years ago – where's the time gone?)

(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?

For our first Christmas together my husband bought me a food processor – I still have it although I don't use it as often as I used to.

(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?

That would be the cosmetic bags that I was given every year by somebody who should have made more of an effort!

(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?

Coming home from work on Christmas Eve, everybody else is usually home when I get there (strange that!) the house is warm and the atmosphere is just different from usual nights. Although the boys are older now we still do the whole sit around and share the gifts round thing!

(10) What annoys you about the holidays?

The festivities start too early – shops start decorating and pushing sales in October – far too early in my opinion. Also I really hate the fact that the stores are so busy when I need to shop! Oh – and food shopping, do people think that there will never be anything else in the shops again and that they have to buy the biggest pack/jar/box of everything on display?

(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?

We have an angel purchased from a craft fair many years ago, she's seen better times but she'll still hop up there this year!

(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?

That'll be my rich fruit Christmas cake I think!

(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?

Had to look this one up – never seen the Grinch - OK I'm back, I think I'm a Who!

(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?

Here in the UK people have only decorated the outside of their homes in the last 10 years or so and it's a novelty still for most people. I love to see the lights and like Kathy I prefer white lights.

(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?

I think fun overall – there's always going to be odd Santa who could be more suitably employed!

(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?

Yes – but no longer in huge numbers, for work I make a donation to charity, I see these people all the time, they know I'm thinking about them!!

(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?

Spending time with loved ones – friends and family. It's probably the one remaining day that most people still make an effort for no matter what else they do through the year.

(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?

I hate it when the decorations come down – the house is so bare

(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?

Second weekend in December and down for 6 January which is twelfth night.

(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your truelove to give to you?

Five gold rings (lol)

(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?

Sorry – that one has thrown me completely – anyone care to explain?

(22) Who is your favourite reindeer?

Rudolph!

(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?

Are you suggesting something here??

(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?

Pine needles. We don't have a real tree but I love it when we go to friends who do!

(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?

For son 1 and FDIL to have been able to spend Christmas Eve in their new home together – equally it will make me sad because he won't be here on Christmas morning for the first time. Baby steps though because he's said they'll both go to their respective parents for Christmas dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I'm so glad you did this. I love your list, fun answers. "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" is one of those silly novelty Christmas songs that for some reason they play over and over again. It almost knocked "momma kissing santa" off my list. Ok, now you can explain to me what is "bucks fizz"? Have a great weekend. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was cute, I'll have to steal this meme and do it on my blog! =o)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!