Saturday 31 July 2010

The Knock On The Door

Saturday Centus time again! Nice short prompt this week which is nicely tucked up in the body of the story (bold & italic). Once again the rule is 100 words or less excluding the prompt, it’s amazing what you can convey in 100 words – have a look at some of the other entries!
I needed to do this. After coming so far I had to see him, I needed explanations. Just a hint as to why he dips in and out of my life the way he does. That day in the park was typical, he suddenly appears from nowhere and just as quickly disappears. Well this time I’m on his territory, there’ll be no disappearing act – he has nowhere to go. He’s already home.That's why it meant so much to make this journey. I take a big breath in and knock on the door. And wait, my heart pounding out of my chest in expectation.

15 comments:

  1. I love mystery and intrigue. You've got them both here. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought provoking...wonder how she knew where he was when he was so evasive? Why was he so come and go...? More questions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start to this weeks Centus! Needless to say,I want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wanting to find out what was said, and what the ultimate result is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very interesting and intriguing. Makes me want this to be a 200 word one lol. Great Centus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, are you visiting my ex? Just checking here!

    What a cool use of this prompt!

    It's a rainy, gray day here, I have my playlist going, my coffee is steaming, and I'm reading my favorite meme.

    Life has some fun moments.

    Thanks for being one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OoOo...intriguing for sure! And it can't be Jenny's ex, it's mine! HA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done! Very suspenseful and tightly written piece! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have me in suspense. Great story.
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice nice nice! Mysterious is one of my favorite things. You did this one proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked this. A lot is packed into those few words. But I do want more...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really pulled me in, and in so few words! Nice job.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. leaves me wondering what will happen next and what it will turn into. intertesting.

    Tina from
    Mummy Diaries
    Gossip Avenue
    Travel Shack
    Game FreakZ

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know that advertisement where the women are waiting for the store to open and they say "Open, open, open" ? Well, that is what I want to happen in your story! I want that door to open! I know that conniving rat is married!I really enjoyed this one!

    I just posted my contribution. Hope you stop by and read.

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the mystery surrounding this one! Would love to read more before and after!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!