Sunday 27 February 2011

More of the same!

Nothing exciting to report I’m afraid Sad smile! No sunny day photos, no crafty reveals, no great news, nothing particularly cheery to share – oh how I hope that will change soon!!

I think last weekend I told you I was going to bake (just going to check that ‘cos I’m doubting myself – and I’m back) correction I told you I had baked! Well, I didn’t like to declare at that time that I was sooo disappointed with my blueberry muffins – they didn’t rise! There I was looking forward to huge fluffy muffins and they turned out more like titchy fairy cakes Sad smile! So today I’m going to use another recipe and see how that goes – if I don’t tell you, you’ll know they were a failure too – although I must say that last week’s efforts tasted delicious, lovely and light so the disappointment was really only the size!

We had a lovely day with Linda & John last Sunday, Son 2 came along for the free meal (and a shower ‘cos his housemate had used all the hot water!!), I didn’t get any sewing done but I did sit and cut two-and-a-half inch squares for my planned portable hexagon project. Linda, like Julie, is an experienced needle woman to whom I have often turned in times of need – I have always been  envious of both of them for their ability to whip up a pair of curtains or a fancy blind!

Work has been awful this week, working in the NHS is going to be a real challenge in the next couple of years with the extreme financial pressures that are going to hit us, we all think that we spend only what we have to already but that will have to change – if anybody can tell me how to save money that isn’t currently being spent, please let me know!! The phrase ‘working smarter, not harder’ will be used ad infinitum!

I do have one fabulous thing to look forward to though, no actually – make that two! In a couple of weeks Julie and I are going off to the Quilt show at Chilford Hall in Cambridgeshire and then, towards the end of the month, John & I are off on another holiday! This time we’re going to Washington DC – I bet you can’t begin to guess how many geocaches he expects to do!! So despite the doom & gloom there is a little light at the end of the tunnel – it just seems a bit dim at the moment!

So what am I going to do today? I’m afraid there is the inevitable pile of ironing – I still seem to have so much even with just the two of us, a bit of baking and then I’m going to finish piecing the top of that darn ‘simplified log cabin’! Watch this space for the finished article!

And finally… just opened the curtains and found this to share with you after all – have a great day, whatever you do!

002

Beautifully clear but flipping freezing – I think I shall dry the washing outside today which makes me very, very happy!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear Heather - hope you'll have a better day tomorrow - at the end of which you'll have LOADS of crafty piccies to post :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!