Friday, 14 October 2011

You have mail….

Dear Blog,

I’m sorry that I’ve ignored you for so long. No excuses, well perhaps a few. We had a lovely holiday and I promise I’ll let you see the photos eventually (just need to get around to editing them a bit). Matt seems to have settled a little more in Australia. He’s been to Sydney and is now in Brisbane, he’s taken some great photos (I’ve pinched this little gem from his Facebook album – I’m sure he won’t mind)

gull on beach-1

He seems to have made some friends now, having met up again with people he met in Melbourne and Sydney, so he’s looking for a job and plans to stay a little longer.

Then there’s work. What can I say? Not good. I truly believed that I would work in the NHS until I retired. Apart from a three month stint temping a few years ago, I have only worked for one other company in my whole working life. Now I’m faced with making a huge decision about my future. Please don’t get me wrong, I’m 100% behind improving patient care, including all the things that have hit the headlines lately but non-clinical staff are essential to make sure that the clinical staff can deliver. With the cuts that have also made front page news lately I just can’t see how anybody really expects things to continue, let alone improve. I feel sad that I am now faced with making probably the biggest professional decision I have ever made – do I stay or do I go? Watch this space.

I have found time to make a couple of bags which I gave away without photographing – my mind’s just not with it right now – and I’m sewing my hexies every evening, it very true that sewing is therapeutic.

So I suppose that about sums up why I haven’t written for so long, I hope to get back to business as usual as soon as possible and regain my wonderful sense of humour.

I hope you forgive me,

Love

Me x

3 comments:

  1. The great unknown can be a wonderful place if you are lucky. Here to talk whenever you need. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you are faced with such a decision. Go with your heart, you may be amazed where you end up. I hope it all works out for you (it will)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Things are that bad up there?

    From your post I'm not entirely sure why you feel you may have to go, hopefully we can catch up some time and you can fill me in!

    Don't make any rash decisions though!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my ramblings! Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it. Looks like the spammers have got the message so I'll remove moderation!