A couple of Christmases ago, John bought me a lovely fat quarter bundle of flannels. They sat happily waiting in my stash until I had a plan for them and a few weeks before we went on holiday I decided it was time to slice into them. Stupidly I didn't do the maths properly and cut the strips just a little too big to fully utilise all the fabric but never mind, I improvised and here's the result!
A snugly lap quilt made as a 'rag' quilt - because I couldn't find, even in America, a backing width flannel. Luckily when I was trawling through Pinterest one evening I found this pattern http://www.creationsbykara.com/2010/01/baby-rag-quilt-tutorial.html which gave me the idea of how to finish mine! I'm pleased with the result - apart from the bits that keep falling off!
Now I just have one more WIP which just needs binding, I have promised myself that I'll finish it before I start anything else...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad